Cosmetic & Restorative Care in Neenah, WI
Personalized dental options, beautiful results.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Fox Valley
Click on each image to learn more.
Teeth whitening is fast becoming one of the most popular cosmetic treatments for patients pursuing an aesthetically-pleasing smile. Our take-home whitening is designed to speedily and effectively brighten your teeth.
Take-home Whitening: We provide you with take-home trays to maintain your white smile. If you select this option, Dr. Olsen begins by taking an impression of your teeth and sending this to the lab, where your custom trays are made. When the trays are ready, we show you how to fill them with the gel and place them over your teeth. You can then take them home and start your journey to a whiter smile.
Bonding uses a tooth-colored composite resin, which can be customized to match your current shade, or desired shade. The next step after choosing the color is to etch your tooth’s surface so it feels rough and add a conditioning liquid. Dr. Olsen does this to help the material bond to your natural tooth. He then adds the composite material layer by layer until it is the correct shape. Afterward, your dentist in Fox Valley hardens the material with a special light and finishes shaping your teeth.
The final step is a quick polish to make your smile shine and look great. You can care for your new smile as you would your normal teeth – brushing and flossing every day.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are placed over your natural teeth to hide common blemishes. This cosmetic procedure begins with Dr. Olsen shaping and preparing your teeth for a more precise fit. He then takes an impression of your teeth and sends this to our partner lab. Your veneers are made and returned to our office. Dr. Olsen checks the shade, shape, and fit, making any adjustments as needed. Once you are 100% happy with the veneers, he cements them into place.
The outcome is a beautiful, aligned, and white smile. Veneers must be cared for as you would normal teeth and may need to be replaced in the future.
Through gum contouring, Dr. Olsen removes and shapes excess gum tissue so your teeth appear bigger. He also makes sure that your gums look a similar length on each tooth for a more even smile. This form of cosmetic dentistry in Neenah can be completed in one visit with minimal discomfort due to our modern technology and sedation option.
- Periodontal Care
- Root Canal Therapy
- Removal of ulcers and tissue
- Exposing partially erupted teeth or implants
- Reducing gum inflammation
This state-of-the-art piece of equipment really has the “wow” factor as treatment can be carried out more efficiently and comfortably. This means less time in the dentist chair and faster recovery too.
If braces would benefit your oral health and bite function then we may recommend:
- Red, White, and Blue Braces
- Comprehensive full band and bracket braces
Dr. Olsen uses his own personal experience (as a previous braces wearer) to find the ideal solution not only for your teeth but also your personality. He discusses all treatment options and will happily answer any questions.
Learn more about Fox Valley orthodontics today!
Whitening for Life
Here is a little incentive to come and see us every six months.
At Fox Valley Dental, we take pride in every smile that visits our practice and are committed to helping you maintain a healthy smile. We know that the dentist is not your favorite place so we are offering a reward to those who attend regular check-ups.
When you complete your exam or cleaning, you also receive a custom-made take-home whitening kit. Below are a few more details about this program:
- Dental Office Responsibilities 1. Fox Valley Dental will make whitening trays for any of our current patients age 18 and older that are medically able to receive tooth whitening, following a regular cleaning and exam. If the patient has not taken advantage of teeth whitening in the past, a small one-time fee of $99.00 will be charged for the program. For patients that have had whitening with our office, there is no fee to participate. For new patients, Whitening For Life is free with a paid exam and x-rays. *(Free Whitening offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or specials.)
2. The patient will be scheduled for a custom impression of their teeth, after which the whitening trays will be ready for pick up within two weeks.
3. Our helpful staff will deliver the custom-made trays along with 3 syringes of whitening gel. Patients will be given instructions on the proper usage and answer any patient questions or concerns.
4. Regardless of your cancellation history in our office prior to June of 2009, we will allow all patients to participate in this great program unless health conditions do not allow it. A clean slate is always nice for everyone.
- Patient Responsibilities 1. You must be a current patient on our active files and should have a cleaning and exam prior to the impression appointment.
2. Patients must keep their regular scheduled cleaning, exam, and x-ray appointments.
3. If a change comes in your schedule, we require 24 hours notice so other patients can be served during your previously scheduled appointment. We will require that you schedule within 4 weeks of the previously scheduled appointment date.
4. One whitening gel syringe will be rewarded at each cleaning appointment. Additional syringes can be purchased for $15.00.
5. Lost or destroyed trays will be replaced at a cost of $35.00 (per tray) to the patient.
6. Should any of the rules fail to be met, you will be disqualified from the program but will be provided the opportunity to re-enroll for a $99.00 reactivation fee.
Words just aren't enough to express how grateful I am to you and your caring and knowledgeable staff for being that guiding light when I just didn't know whom to trust.
Amanda (Actual Patient)
Restorative Dentistry in Neenah, WI
If a cavity is detected, Dr. Olsen will clean away any decay and use a cleansing gel to remove bacteria. The bonding gel is then applied to the area closely followed by the composite material. This material is shaped using a SonicFill device and hardened. Our dentist in Neenah then checks that the restoration fits your bite and blends in with your smile. He makes any adjustments and removes debris from the area.
Composite fillings are strong, beautiful, and thanks to SonicFill, very predictable. We can restore the function of your smile is just a single visit!
When a tooth has become weakened due to decay, cracks, or fractures, a dental crown is an ideal solution. Much like a cap, this custom-made restoration covers over the tooth to protect it and prevent any further issues. As a cosmetic dentist in Fox Valley, Dr. Olsen favors porcelain crowns because they match the color of your natural teeth and are very durable.
The crown process starts with your dentist shaping and preparing your tooth. He then takes an impression and sends this to the dental lab for creation. In the meantime, you are given a temporary crown to protect your natural tooth. Once we receive the new custom crown, Dr. Olsen places it and makes any adjustments. When you and the doctor are both satisfied with the fit, the crown is cemented into place.
This restoration uses crowns to replace a missing tooth. When a tooth is missing it can be both distressing and bad for your health. A dental bridge consists of two crowns either side of an artificial tooth. The crowns will be placed over your natural teeth to hold the new tooth into place.
A local anesthetic is applied to make this procedure pain-free. To begin, Dr. Olsen prepares the two adjacent teeth and takes an impression. At the lab, this impression is transformed into a beautiful porcelain bridge. A temporary bridge is placed during this phase but once the new bridge is ready, it is immediately fitted. Any adjustments are made and then the new restoration is cemented into place.
Partial: When you have a few missing teeth, a partial denture can restore your smile’s function and look. These dentures are removable and are held in place using a retentive device e.g. a clasp.
Full: If all your teeth are missing on either the upper or lower arch then a full removable denture can help. These dentures are customized to your teeth and gum shape, color, and size. The full set of teeth is held in place using a retentive device and can support your facial structure.
Implant-supported: A more permanent and stable solution is implant-supported dentures. These dentures require Dr. Olsen to place dental implants into your jawbone. The denture is then placed on top of the titanium posts and held into place.
All our dentures require a few dental visits so we can take impressions, evaluate your bite, and place/adjust your new denture. Our dentures are created at our partner dental lab using the finest materials.
Dr. Olsen has experience in this area of dentistry and uses a CBCT scanner to diagnose and plan treatment. This cone beam scanner provides our team with 3D images of your jaw so we can analyze the structure and movement. We can also use the technology to plan corrective treatments such as mouth guards, splints, and orthodontics.
Your custom-fit filling is created in our dental lab after Dr. Olsen sends over an impression of the affected tooth. He may fit a temporary filling to prevent any further damage until the inlay or onlay is ready. Once fabricated the permanent restoration is glued or cemented into place. This adds durability and protection to the affected tooth.
You are left with a beautiful tooth-colored restoration that is both stable and long-lasting. Dr. Olsen may recommend not eating with the inlay or onlay for 24 hours after treatment.
Through full mouth reconstruction, you can regain the functionality of your smile and enhance how it looks. Our patients can enjoy a number of cosmetic and restorative treatments, including:
- Porcelain Veneers
- Inlays and Onlays
- Dental Implants
- Crowns & Bridges
Using a combination of these services, our dentist helps you feel confident and healthy. Before starting anything though, Dr. Olsen will sit down and create a custom treatment plan for you. He’ll also use modern technology to show you the final smile result. Other specialties such as orthodontics, oral surgery, and dentures may be recommended too.
Root canal therapy (also known as Endodontics) begins with your Neenah dentist numbing the area and then removing the infection. He carefully and gently cleans the area and places a composite material to protect the inside of your tooth. Once the space is sealed, Dr. Olsen positions a crown or other restoration on the tooth to restore its function and look.